Clean Eating Dinner Recipes that Will Knock Your Socks Off
No, it doesn’t mean just washing the dirt off your produce or some new fangled hippie buzzword. Eating clean at its core means enjoying food in its most natural state. Dinner recipes that incorporate clean eating standards work perfectly with any healthy diet and food plan.
The approach to your food is key when eating clean. These are the basic guidelines to put in your brain:
5 Times A Day
To keep your body functioning like a super hero, i.e. energized and burning calories, enjoy three solid meals and two snacks a day. Your plate should include a lean protein, fresh veggies or fruit, and a complex carbohydrate. Below we’ve listed four clean eating dinner recipes to get you motivated.
If you can get in two liters of filtered water a day you will be helping your body to hydrate, stay full and remove toxins.
This means no processed foods. If you can buy in the grocery isle or at a drive thru, it’s not on the clean eating menu. Stay away from sugar, bread and pasta. Complex carbs, good fats and proteins are your friends instead.
Following the rule of consuming food close to its natural state, it will benefit you to look for humanely raised and local meat and seafood (eggs too).
If you are buying organic, first it means you will not be loaded with pesticides and chemicals in your food. Secondly it means that you are probably supporting sustainable farms that work to nourish the land rather than deplete it. This follows in the spirit of clean eating.
Brady Bunch It
Food is life. It can be sensual, exciting and inspiring. Every celebration, holiday, festival and just your daily meals can include clean eating dinner recipes to share with your family. So invite everyone in, to shop or harvest, to prepare and of course to feast! Make it a family affair.
One meal at a time, this lifestyle approach can only lead to a healthy and happier you. As you can see, the basic principles are founded on solid nutritional bases. It may take a little more planning, but once you get into the swing of things these clean eating dinner recipes are a snap.
Crab Salad Stuffed Eggs
- Slice radishes, and soak in lemon juice and salt for about 30 minutes.
- Remove yolks from hard-boiled eggs.
- Add lemon juice, salt, pepper, olive oil, and creamy Greek yogurt.
- Next add crabmeat, diced celery and mustard; stir gently until combined.
- Stuff mixture into hard-boiled egg whites.
- Serve on lettuce leaves with your radish mixture on the side.
Mediterranean Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Broil red peppers till skin is blackened. Remove skin and chop.
- Combine red pepper, feta cheese, chopped kalamata olives and fresh basil.
- Slit chicken breasts and stuff with mixture. Bake until chicken cooked thru.
Turkey Quinoa Salad with Asparagus & Dates
- Sauté onions in olive oil till soft. Add quinoa and cook till slightly toasted than top with proper amount of liquid (water or broth).
- Once cooked, place in large bowl.
- Add orange sections, chopped pecans, minced red onions, chopped dates, chopped steamed asparagus, diced cooked turkey and a chopped jalapeno pepper if desired.
- For the dressing combine lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, and fresh mint.
Chipotle Chicken Burgers with Ginger Aioli & Cuke Salad
- Make the aioli first: combine mayo, oil, fresh ginger, line juice and jalapeno.
- For salad, toss sliced cucumbers with fresh cilantro, rice vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- To make burgers combine ground chicken, cilantro, scallions, chili powder, ginger, jalapeno and lime juice. Form patties and grill till done, about 7 minutes a side.
- Serve burgers topped with aioli and the cuke salad on the side.
I know at this point you’re feeling like an Iron Chef and ready to conquer your kitchen. I encourage you to get in there and do it. For your better health look to follow the guidelines, local and seasonal products are best. With these clean eating dinner recipes we also urge you to never rush and savor every bite. Enjoy!